Watch the Video of this activity:
The Vale de Pinta golf course in Lagoa is known for being one of the most challenging and beautiful courses in the Algarve and is a firm favourite among regular golfing visitors to the region.
The 18 hole, par 71 course is located near to Carvoeiro and was designed by Ronald Fream and opened in 1992. Since then the course has hosted the European Seniors Tour Qualifying final a total of eight times and has firmly established itself as being one of the premier courses in the Algarve.
The course is characterised by the fig, carob, almond and olive trees that are dotted throughout, with one of the trees dating back more than 1,000 years and adding an extra element of interest to this already exciting course.
Non golfers are also welcome to experience Pinta, with the Clubhouse being the ideal spot to enjoy a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere.
Book now with only a small deposit to reserve your seat! Spaces are limited and advanced booking is essential so book now.
|Vale da Pinta — Promotion||109.00€ – 168.00€|
|Vale da Pinta||55.00€ – 89.00€|
All bookings are subject to availability and to confirmation.
Here is a helpful hole-by-hole guide to this course written by Rob Cheney. Rob is a leading PGA Pro with extensive knowledge of golf in the Algarve and over 15 years of coaching experience.
- Friendly opening home with a wide fairway to aim at off the tee. Short second shot plays uphill so make sure you take one extra club.
- Tricky dog-leg right Par 4. Hit your tee shot downhill to the corner of the hole, then the second shot is semi-blind to a raised green. Long hitters can try and cut the corner to make the second shot much easier.
- Impressive looking hole from the raised tee. Hit your tee shot to the corner on the dog-leg. Club selection is important on the second shot as the green is quite small.
- Long Par 5 that winds it’s way down the hill to a well protected green which is very shallow from front to back.
- Pretty downhill Par 3 with water behind the green. Club selection is everything on this tricky, short Par 3. Short right is the place to bail out if you’re not 100% sure on the distance.
- Long Par 4 dog-leg left. Your tee shot must be long enough to reach the corner so you can see the green for your second shot. Out of bounds all the way down the left of this hole only adds to the difficulty.
- Par 3 played over a valley of bunkers. One club more than you think is usually the correct play on this tough Par 3.
- Short Par 4 with trouble down the left hand side. Tee shot should be played to the top of the hill, then the second shot plays slightly downhill to a small green.
- Inviting tee shot from the elevated tee position. Second shot plays uphill to a semi-blind green.
- This hole is a 90° dog-leg to the right with out of bounds down the right side of the hole. Tee shot need to be the perfect length to be able to see the green for your second shot. Another small target protected by bunkers on both sides.
- Another long Par 3 hole played across a valley with the green protected at the front by large bunkers.
- Par 5 which is straightforward from the tee and the second shot. The approach shot is played to a small, raised green with bunkers all around. Correct club selection is vital.
- The signature hole with a large lake hugging the left side of this Par 4. An accurate drive is required to avoid the water from the tee. Having done that, the second shot is somewhat more straightforward.
- Short, downhill Par 5 offering a good birdie opportunity. The hole is generously wide from the tee and the green is free from any bunkering.
- Downhill Par 3 which has a large green. Be sure to check the pin position and adjust your club selection accordingly.
- Short Par 4 offering a wide fairway target from the tee. The approach, played uphill, must be hit the correct distance to hold the green.
- Long Par 3 with a huge bunker guarding the front. Another large green where the pin position can affect the club selection by 3 or 4 clubs.
- Strong Par 5 and very long from the back tees. Long and straight is the requirement here to reach this hole in regulation. Save your best for last and you might be able to make Par at this tough finishing hole.